I do. I am very much a child of the seventies (though I’m not showing you the pictures to prove it). And I have a clear memory of Charley the cat and his safety messages. And his fish. Meow. It was the stranger danger thing that stuck most for me I think – I’m told there was one to do with matches, but I can’t quite bring that to mind. (And no, I’m *not* going to spend the day trawling Youtube and reliving my youth, honest. Ahem.)
Anyway, you’ll be pleased to hear that Charley is back to help our children, looking very much the same (and still loving fish), but this time he’s got a new voice. (Which sounds a bit wrong to me, no offence to David Walliams, but he’s not *my* Charley as it were 😉 ) Here he is, talking about the dangers of overloading electrical sockets.
I don’t know about you, but this is a clear and present danger from time to time in our house. There are just so many bits of electrical equipment these days. I also worry about chargers overheating when they’ve been left plugged in unnecessarily, exploding mobile phone batteries, and trailing wires, particularly from laptops, so I might just spend my bank holiday weekend auditing our socket usage. If you fancy checking things out, you can look at whether you are overloading sockets with this handy calculator – it’s an eye opener.
So, what do you reckon? Will Charley be as big a hit this time around with our kids? And will you be checking your electrical sockets for overload, just in case? Let’s be careful out there. *wanders off, whistling Hill Street Blues….*
Disclosure: this is a sponsored post.