A little while ago I set myself a creative challenge.
First of all I had to buy some dpns (double pointed needles) the local charity shop came through there, with three different sets for £2.40. Bargain.
But really I wanted to use something special – like this recycled silk yarn.
It didn’t have quite the effect I was looking for. The yarn search began again.
Hm, just a thought. We used some like this to make friendship bracelets – could be worth a try.
Like how it’s starting.
And the finished cord. Without fastenings, as the ones I’d got are a dark silver if that makes any sense, and I don’t think they’ll go. I bought them to go with the sari yarn, but it really didn’t work.
I’m quite pleased with the cord though.
Love to see what you all got up to – linky below. For my next challenge, I think I’m going to try icord with some different materials – I’m wondering how it would work with jewellery wire. Please feel free to link up any planned challenges you have, and I’ll be back in a bit with the results from mine…